Thursday, March 3, 2011

Military Wedding

Mr. B and I decided before we got married that we wanted a military wedding. I was shocked to see that little information was posted on the web about, military weddings. It was like pulling teeth to get the right information. What makes military weddings so unique is the invitations are worded differently, the service member is in uniform, the base chaplain officiates the wedding and the saber arch! All add a very romantic and very traditional old fashioned feel.

In the early planning I was very put off by the idea of Mr. B bringing his "work" into our wedding. I thought it would take away from our special day. I was so very wrong! The military is all about tradition and honor, and weddings are all about traditions, family and honor so I, got cozy with the idea of including the military in the special day. Looking back on that day, everything turned out perfect. Not only did I feel like a princess but my husband sure looked like a prince in his dress blue.

So here is the reason for this post. I want to give every military bride to be a little wedding advice in planning for the big day. =) Every Wednesday from now on I'll post a wedding tip for planning a military wedding.   We can call it, Wedding Wednesdays!  Feel free to ask me any wedding question and I will  try my best to answer you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment