Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How Cute are these!?

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
The Commissary had some yummy looking strawberries on sale for 98 cents/lb so I decided to make these. Here is the original recipe:



20 strawberries

8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 sleeve of graham crackers
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)



Brad is a big fan of sweets but can be picky so I didn't want to make the whole recipe in case Brad did not like them and let those delicious red strawberries go to waste, so I halved it.

First, you cut the tops off and core the berries. I found it easiest to use a small knife. 


Next, you mix up the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. I didn't want to dirty up the beater, so I let the cream cheese soften on the counter for 10 minutes, mixed it all together with a spoon, and it turned out fine. Put the mixture into a baggie and cut off the corner.

Now, just fill the strawberries and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.


By the way, I used fat free cream cheese and only one graham cracker (instead of half of a sleeve) to cut some calories.

I calculated that the filling is 24 calories per strawberry.

4 ounces of cream cheese-120 calories
1/4 cup of powdered sugar-120 calories
120+120=240 calories total
240/10 strawberries=24

You didn't know you would be getting a math lesson today, did you!?

So, each Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberry is probably only about 38 calories if you calculate in the strawberry and crushed graham cracker! Yum, yum, yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment